5 Favorite Songs
- Who I Am With You by Chris Young- This was the song my husband and I danced to for our first dance at our wedding. I know cliché country song is probably what you are thinking but in all honesty this song holds so much meaning. My husband was actually the one who picked our song because he had heard it on the radio when we were dating and told me even before he proposed that we would dance to this song at our wedding and we sure did. He left the life he had filled with parties and craziness all behind him when we were together and that is who he wanted to be. So for me this is more than just another cliché, sappy country song, it is my husbands unique way of telling me how he feels about me.
- See You Tonight by Scotty McCreery- Now this song is yes another sappy country song but again hold more meaning than you can ever know. When my husband and I met he was already in the Marine Corps and I only got to see him on the weekends since he was almost 5 hours away. I spent most Friday nights waiting to see his headlights pulling into my driveway.
- God Speed by Dixie Chicks- I love listening to this song and sometimes will play it for my son and sing it to him when he is having trouble going to sleep.
- Good Good Father by Chris Tomlin- When I listen to this song it just breaks me down and I am so thankful for the amazing relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. It reminds me just how merciful and loving he is with me even when I don’t always do the right thing or don’t pay attention to what He is trying to tell me.
- Greater by MercyMe- Anytime I am struggling with something or am just needing a reminder to be a light even though it is so much easier to fall into step with the world, I just sit and listen to this song. This is my pick me up and motivation for when life gets hard.